Stay neutral this spring in Alice + Olivia's draped nude silk-blend georgette mini dress with a contrast black waistband. DAY Birger et Mikkelsen's cropped leather jacket in a powdery stone hue is the perfect spring coverup. Evoke the exotic in Rupert Sanderson's fabulous cream and black python cutout sandals. Add a flash of golden glamour to evening looks with Chloé's gold brushed-leather clutch bag with delicate bead and diamanté trim. Daisy Knights' handmade gold vermeil skull ring is a cute way to work rock 'n' roll cool into your look and skull necklace is the height of simple chic.
The spectacular wardrobe of Grace Kelly, actress and princess, will go on show at London’s Victoria & Albert museum.
The unique exhibition will provide a glimpse into the fairytale life of one of Hollywood’s most glamorous stars of the 1950s, who became Princess Grace of Monaco.
On display will be dresses from many of her most famous films, including High Society and ‘Rear Window’; the gown she wore to accept her ‘Best Actress’ Oscar in 1955, for ‘The Country Girl’; the outfit she wore for her first meeting with Prince Rainier of Monaco; and pieces from her opulent haute couture wardrobe of the 1960s and 1970s by her favourite Paris couturiers, including Christian Dior, Cristobal Balenciaga, Hubert de Givenchy and Yves Saint Laurent.
‘Grace Kelly: Style Icon’ will be arranged in three sections, tracing her evolution from MGM and Paramount silver screen star to real-life Princess. Three costumes designed by MGM’s Helen Rose, for Grace Kelly’s performance in ‘High Society’, in 1956, will be on show, including a Grecian-style bathing robe, and an embroidered evening gown, along with the black chiffon dress, designed by Paramount’s chief costume designer, Edith Head, for the Alfred Hitchcock classic, ‘Rear Window’.
A second section will focus on the dress Grace Kelly wore for the announcement of her engagement to Prince Rainier and the clothes designed for her trousseau and dazzling wedding, in 1956.
The final section will illustrate her growing sense of style as fashion and culture ambassadress of the principality, and will include many couture gowns created for official royal engagements, such as the purple YSL, worn in 1981, to a Royal Opera House gala in London, where Princess Grace met the then Lady Diana Spencer and Prince Charles.
The exhibition spans fashion across four decades, and includes eight dresses by Christian Dior, an extravagant, beaded Balenciaga jacket, Yves Saint Laurent’s ‘Mondrian’ dress of 1965, Coco Chanel suits jewellery by Van Cleef & Arpels, and, of course, the famous, original Hermès ‘Kelly’ bag.
Archive film and video footage, film posters, family photographs, film clips and magazines will complete this close-up study of a woman who became a global fashion icon.
Grace Kelly: Style Icon, sponsored by Van Cleef & Arpels, April 17th-26th September, Victoria & Albert Museum, London; admission £6; book in advance online, www.vam.ac.uk; or call 0844 209 1770. (source:www.telegraph.co.uk)
Update spring staples with Chloé's sumptuously soft cream lambskin leather shorts. Wear it with Steven Alan's coral cotton shirt is the perfect way to add color to casualwear. Elevate soft separates with Christian Louboutin's camel leather strappy sandals with V-shaped cutouts and gold mirrored embellishment. Make Miu Miu's tan leather hobo bag an everyday essential. The gold-tone hardware is guaranteed to add polish to any outfit, simply team it with chic separates for the ultimate in weekend dressing. Oscar de la Renta's tapered tan leather waist belt. JuicyCouture's gold and rhodium-plated pendant necklace with swallow and heart charms. Balenciaga's sunglasses with black graphic trim are a fusion of vintage-inspired chic and directional edge.
1. These shoes are part of the Jimmy Choo 24:7 capsule collection of best-sellers and classic styles that every woman should own. Pair these leg-lengthening nude patent-leather sandals with everything from body-con minis to floaty summer dresses.
2. Elevate a chic utility look with Giuseppe Zanotti's taupe suede peep-toe ankle boots. Pair these leg-lengthening heels with high-waisted shorts and a fitted military shirt.
3. Alexander McQueen's brown python pumps with gold-tone signature skull are a luxurious footwear choice. Wear this statement peep-toe style with tailored shorts and a simple tank for an edgy daytime look.
4. Put some sparkle in your step with Christian Louboutin's silver glitter and nude leather multi-strap platform sandals. Pair these party heels with a simple LBD to bring a flash of glamour to your cocktail look.
5. Incite sartorial envy in Charlotte Olympia's green python pumps. Slip on these emerald heels with an LBD and a sleek clutch for a cool cocktail ensemble.
6. Go for bold this season with Fendi's eye-catching coral and nude leather platform sandals with python-print straps. Wear them to dress up denim or an LBD in one fashion-forward step.
Julien Macdonald's light-gray stretch-denim leggings are given a hi-tech twist with mesh strips through the sides. Rebecca Taylor's navy burnout dotted chiffon top with ruffled sleeves is infused with the label's signature femininity. Miu Miu gives this classic navy satin pump a youthful update with a playful sparrow print. Versace's stunning silver-tone rhodium-plated and resin ring with large black signature Medusa head is a high-impact evening adornment. Sunglasses don't get more glamorous than Victoria Beckham's oversized pale rose-gold-plated square-frame metal style. Complete a sleek uptown look with Miu Miu's off-white glazed leather tote with gold-tone hardware and a beautifully crackled finish. Carry it in the crook of your arm or wear it on your shoulder to accent every look with luxe.