Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Highly recommended

If you are looking for the perfect xmas gift for your girlfriends, I found it!!! I bought this amazing photo album, "Fashion Box: The Immortal Icons of Style". This anthology offers fresh perspectives on the timeless fashion essentials that define style, T-shirts, blue jeans, a white shirt, the little black dress, the trench, a tailored suit ... Fashion has given us many icons - accessible, attainable pieces that are staples in everyone's wardrobe. Often, an iconic garment becomes inextricably linked to the star who made it famous, from Audrey Hepburn and the little black dress and Diane Keaton working the androgynous look to Grace Kelly in a twinset and Madonna laced into a corset.
This book takes a look at sixteen classic fashion items as worn by the stars who made them famous. Each of the pieces has its own chapter introduced by an essay from fashion writer Antonio Mancinelli, followed by a series of unforgettable photographs of the clothes worn by such stars as Brigitte Bardot, Ursula Andress, Angelina Jolie, Jackie Kennedy, Grace Jones, Lauren Bacall and Emmanuelle Béart.
Antonio Mancinelli is editor at HMC Marie Claire. He has worked for many journals, including Vogue Italia, Elle and Vanity Fair.













KELLY

19 comments:

  1. now that's what I call a great gift!!thanx for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures of style icons!! i need to get it myself!!
    thanks for sharing!! :D


    http://www.spaghettiheels.com/
    http://fashion-disposal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this look like an amazing books alot of inspiration!!!!!!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such beautiful pictures!

    Lovely blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful images!!! ;D
    HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I love your blog and I'd like you visit my blog...if you want, follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! great blog you've got!!! i just came across it and i went through all your posts, i have to say it's spectacular!love your style! check out my blog and if you like it follow me and i promise i'll do the same!

    www.fullclosetbutnothingtowear.blogspot.com
    kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beauty!

    http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    MissAnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post.. these pages are beautiful!

    Check out my new post "Milk Pants" at CESTDEMODE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THIS all the pictures are so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. auto to vivlio prepei na to parw! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha what a coincidence we tweeted that quote earlier this week.!
    but we love the images..their a great inspiration and the vintage look of the first few are too cute.!
    we'll probably tumble some of thesee..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hayhay!
    How are you? Your blog is great and I love your style! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

    Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!

    Thanks and love,
    Cindy from www.glamourblog.tk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear!
    Thanks for your comment and for passing by! I'll defenitely follow you, I do that trough Blogloving!

    I hope to see you soon back!
    Love Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures!i like your blog! I'm follow you

    visit my new blog

    http://bels-summerswing.blogspot.com/

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. this book looks amazing full of inspiration...thankx for sharing ..definitely checking it out

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh I want this book, love it!!

    Would you like to come and see my blog?
    xo from Florence
    Irene’s Closet
    100% handmade in Tuscany hats GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful picturesss!!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous post!
    ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
      ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
    ☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
    ┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
    ☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆

    wishing you a fabulous 2011 !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!! I honestly appreciate every one of your messages. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails