The Berkeley London designer afternoon tea, Prêt-à-Portea, is inspired by the themes and colours of the fashion world. The menu is transformed every six months to follow the changing seasons in fashion.
London's most fashionable afternoon tea has seen Haute Couture cakes come and go, and to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Prêt-à-Portea, The Berkeley has invited fashion aficionados to vote for the most memorable creations of the past 5 years, suitably named "Greatest Hits".
A collection of cakes and fancies in in the colours of the fashion season and in the style of the world’s finest designers:
- Alice Temperley apple and pannacotta mousse with Manolo Blahnik high heel tuille, topped with golden blueberries S/S 2005
- Philip Treacy chocolate hat cake with Monarch butterfly A/W 2009
- Zac Posen chocolate striped Joconde sponge shoe with chestnut bavaroise A/W 2007
- Alexander McQueen pale green pistachio dress biscuit with silver belt S/S 2006
- Anya Hindmarch cassis sponge tote covered in baby blue icing with iconic bow S/S 2009
- Fendi chocolate baguette with praline croquant A/W 2008